1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount angle question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brown91redcam, Jan 5, 2010.

1. brown91redcam

brown91redcam Junior Member

Just wanted some idea as to why my plow will shake the truck when i angle to the left and stop it but the plow just kinda slows to a stop when I angle right,works great other than that but just want to know if I have a problem coming up or not,it is a Uni-mount mounted on a 99 Silverado Plow stays angled when plowing only noticed when turning the plow side to side,thanks for any info this is a great siteussmileyflag

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check to see if you have rocks/dirt between the "A" frame and the quadrant?

When was the last time you did a fluid change??

3. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

I wouldn’t worry about it mine does the same thing
    Has since I bought it in 05
    Stops instantly to the left and just a slight coast to the right

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to check the pivot bolt (bolt that holds the "A" frame and the quadrant together. The holes might be oblong, or the bold might be worn down. If that the case you need to repair the holes, and change the bolt...

5. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

It has to do with how the solenoids activate their valves, and it is perfectly normal.

When filling the left cylinder (turning blade to the right), the only S2 solenoid is energized.
    When filling the right cylinder (turning blade to the left), Both the S2 and S3 solenoids are energized.

Since the S3 valve is the first one after the motor, is stays in its position when turning the blade to the right and as the motor coasts to a stop when you stop pushing the button, the blade coasts to a stop along with it.

When turning to the left, the S3 is De-energized when you stop pushing the button, which in effect instantly reverses the flow from the pump as the motor coasts to a stop, resulting in the abrupt stop.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010