1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount A-Frame for 2003 Dodge Ram 1500?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by freeflycpi, Oct 20, 2008.

1. freeflycpi

freeflycpi Junior Member

I have a late 90's 7-1/2' Unimount plow that came off a Chevy. I just recently got a 2003 Quad Ram 1500 with the 20" Tire option. Calling the dealer he said my only option was to get an Ultramount frame and the Ultra-to-Unimount conversion. Does anyone know if an older Unimount will fit the Dodge? Are there aftermarket Unimounts available?

Thanks in Advance,
    Dave

2. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I had an 03 and now an 05. I am using the convesion kit because that is all there is available. Also, you will have to rewire to the new headlights as the old ones are only a 9 pin and you will need the "White" tab ones. I can't remember if they are 11 or 12 pin. Nothing is cheap with this stuff..

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Purchasing the newer Ultra style mount for your truck and using the Ultra to Uni adapter is your only real option as there was no Uni's for the '03-up Dodge 1500's. And the older mount isn't even close.

4. freeflycpi

freeflycpi Junior Member

When I do a Vehicle match on the western site, the comments section notes that the bumper needs to be notched. Did you have to notch the bumper when using the Ultra-to-Unimount conversion?

Would you happen to have a pic of the Ultra-to-Unimount setup?

I got a quote for $1200 from a local dealer for the mount, conversion and electrical hookup. Seem reasonable?

There is a dealer offering the Blizzard 760LT for $2495 installed. Worth considering as an alternative?

Thanks,
    Dave

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds about right if it includes everything.

Very well could be Dave. Much newer plow and no additinal adpater brackets to fool with for an additional $1300.