1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount 9 pin harness problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bunick, Oct 3, 2009.

1. bunick

bunick Junior Member

I'm just wiring up my plows headlights for the first time. I have a new headlight harness (61716) for the HB3/HB4 quad headlights on my 90 Chevy. I've got it all wire up like the directions say, http://westernplows.com/pdf/22373.07_110108_for_Web.pdf. Wires from the 9pin harness are connected as:
    Brown wire to parking lamp wire on driver-side.
    Gray wire to lift turn signal wire on driver-side
    Purple wire to the right turn signal on curb side.
    My problem is when not connected to the plow my headlights won't come on with the brown wire connected to the parking lamps. All lights on the plow are working right. It seems it thinks I'm connected to the plow when I'm not. Any ideas?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

At the relays, check for power on the brown wires going into the relays with the marker lights on.
  3. bunick

bunick Junior Member

I think there is but I will double check tomorrow. Could I have the wrong relays? I thought I had them wire wrong but after checking several times it looks right. Thanks for the help.
  4. bunick

bunick Junior Member

Yes there is power on the brown wire when marker lights are on. Thanks
  5. bunick

bunick Junior Member

any ideas? Wrong relays? Wired wrong?
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you have the wires incorrectly placed on the relay pins. Did you double verify that you have the correct colored wires on the correctly numbered pins on the relays? Are you aware that each pin on the relays are numbered? They have to match the diagram.
  7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

As many times as I have done the wiring it is likely to index the relays wrong.
  8. bunick

bunick Junior Member

Yea I double checked and according to plans I have the colors match up to the right numbers on the relays. I'm thinking that is my problem though.