1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimopunt light housing cracking

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Andy's Beast, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

I noticed that my right light seemed to be "jumping" a bit while driving compared to the left one. When I took a look at it I noticed that the plastic housing was starting to crack, near the area where the light bolts to the frame. If i leave it alone, it's likely to break clean off. Is there any method to repair the plastic? I was thinking of using an epoxy, but i wanted to know if anyone else has used a better method to repair the housing than using a whole roll of duct tape.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I just replaced one last storm from a donor straight blade setup we've had lying around. Mine cracked right off and hung there after I smacked a speed bump. They're expensive little buggers but try ebay or grote (i think makes them) before your western dealer...or if you know of someone who has a spare plow laying around you could try them.

3. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

i'll tell you what I did. doesnt look great but stiffened them up real good. I got two light steel wall brackets the l-shaped ones and bent them to match the contour of the bottom of the housing. Used supplied self tapping screw with a screw gun. It is now nice and tight. When I hit my speedbump, they completely broke off:realmad: