1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimont on 99 F-250 ??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NASConst_land, Nov 15, 2006.

1. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

Couple questions.. while installing the truck mount, i noticed that being a boxed in frame, there could be problems getting a nut and bolt idea to work there. We were thinking about threading the frame and going that route. Before all this.. I should mention that we have no diagrams or instructions, doing this completly by looking on another truck we have with a unimount.

Also.. the wiring.. inside the cab you have the 6 prong adapter for your joystick to hook into and with that group of wires u have a single red wire that is seprate that has an inline fuse in it. Would this wire have to be spliced in with a live wire, one that is live when the ignition is on? we had it hooked to a white wire with blue line on it comng out of the data module.. seeing as thats what its hooked to on the other truck.. but it did not work. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. 4prrdu

4prrdu Junior Member

OEM installation instructions

Go to westernplows.com or use link on plowsite.com; under "publications" use drill down menus to find your truck and/or mount; download pdf's to view installation instructions and parts lists. Hope this helps!
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  3. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

To get the nuts on try welding a rod to the nut and then put it through, its tricky but it works. I would not tread the frame, I don't think it will hold. As far as the red wire.. I ran it to my fuse box and I think I just tied it into the radio fuse, that way its a switched power.