1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimogs!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Highpoint, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Yea the Uni's are pretty bad azz. I love Uni's, Hummers, Kaisers, Deauce and a Halfs, Powerwagons, and M37's

Jay

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Vail resorts had them for a while in the 80s, maintainence costs where OUTRAGEOUS, somethink on the order of 1000 for rotors, calipers and pads...

BUT

I WANT ONE:D

4. long0

long0 Senior Member

My father ran a unimog for an excavation company years ago. It had a rear mounted PTO driven blower, and a blade up front. Chained up all around, it was damn near unstoppable. I have some pictures of it, but they are on slides, so if anybody know how to convert slides to digital pics, I will get them posted.

Andy

5. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

[​IMG]

Before this I thought the Unimog would be unstoppable as well.

6. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Joey,

Looks to me as the unimog is just sitting there and the chevy is spinning its wheels. Still #1.

Rick

7. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

No it was on it's way backwards. It took some time to move it though. I think I won by almost 2 feet. Not very far but far enough to win.

8. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Okay whatever you think!

:nod: :D :D

9. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

[​IMG]

Here is another round

10. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Here is a mog all lit up for Christams.

Rick

11. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Where?

12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

its beautifully invisible

Jay

13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

14. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Nothing like a vehicle that no one around here knows how to work on. Imagine running into Autozone and asking the pimpled azz behind the counter for a starter for this thing. Then go to a dealer and ask his price....bring heart pills. Other than that I would love to have one, great chassis for a v-box!

15. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Nope, go to napa!!!

Rick

16. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Napa has parts for this thing? What kind of engines do they have? Mercedes Benz or something like that?

17. SIMONE'S LAWNS SERVICE

SIMONE'S LAWNS SERVICE Member

Does anyone have any pictures of a Humvee with a blade on it? I know theres got to be someone out there with an endless supply of cash that has one. I would think that would be one bad a$$ plow truck!:nod:

18. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

under ice management

- who needs a plow

There are a few pics, there is one good one a Hummer completely outfitted with a V box too.

19. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

[​IMG]

Hey Joey D-

From your above post you suggest that you "won by almost 2 feet" however the photo also suggests the Unimog barely at work while your Z-71 front tires are slinging dirt 360° let alone the rear ones. Carefully looking at the pic shows which vehicle is getting the traction. Anyways. congrats.

20. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I am VERY impressed!

I want a UNIMOG.

I see Freightliner makes a version of the UNIMOG. What is the cost on one of these babies?

This is the power unit for anything and everything.......why not?

This is exactly what my operation needs!