1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimog with a Boss

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cocco78, Feb 17, 2004.

1. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Here are a few pics of my friends 'mog's he just picked up. The yellow one has a 9'-2" Boss V-plow and a dump box. It runs pretty good. The other one is a parts vehicle.

2. Chris Elliott

Chris Elliott Junior Member

How does he like plowing with it? If he needs info on adding a tankless engine heater there's a specific way to install it that works best. Starting a 12 volt Mog can be tough if you can't keep it inside.

I run about 1400# of weight in the bed and it really helps. If he has any questions have him contact me.
  3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I want one!!!
  4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

me too. :)
  5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I had on and it was a beast. Low gearing made any distance difficult so be careful what you wish for.
  6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

my want for one has nothing to do with travel. have my truck for that. i want one for 4 wheeling. i just find them to be an awesome rig.
  7. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Yeah, this summer my buddy had the plow off and wheeled with it. It went almost anywhere he pointed it. He actually wheeled it pretty hard too. Insane ground clearance with the portal axles let him take almost any line he wanted to and not get hung up. Only drawbacks are zero suspension travel, and absolutely no tire spin in the mud. But the lockers front and rear made up for any shortcommings of the rig.

If I can find any pics of it wheeling this summer I'll post a few.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

unimogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like it :drinkup:
  9. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

By plow boss last year had two Unimogs.. One had about a 12' wide blade that was all of 42" tall and the other had a gigantic blower on it. The one with the plow was an '85 model and he paid $15K for it. The guy he bought it off of lives way up on the hillside here in Anchorage and still own about 12 of them. I heard he's trying to sell them all.. They license them here as farm tractors.. You don't need tags and you can run them right down the road..
  10. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Time to dig out the plow. I'm selling this Unimog 406 and switching to a U-1300L.
    If interested send me an Email.

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

how much do you want
  12. sierra02

sierra02 Junior Member

Is that Mog in Iron mountain? It looks like the one just outside of Marquette.
  13. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Thats my friends Mog, used to live in Harvey, now he's out in Skandia. So its probably the same Mog you seen.... There were 2 of them for sale, this yellow one and the guy had another one for parts that didn't run.