1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mike_09, Aug 10, 2005.

1. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

2. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

You have a confusing post there...get ahold of Garagekeeper.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Are your asking if you can still get a new unimount?

They are still aviable but it will depend on the dealer if they want to order one in for you.

Honestly, if your going to spend the money on a new plow, go with the ultra mount, the truck mounts for the ultra are much stronger then the uni-mount because its designed to be up closer to the truck frame, the a-frame is built stronger, and the pivot point on the blade gets you a cleaneer pass on uneven surfaces. Besides, its a heck of alot easier to put on and off the truck.

4. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

ok so you still can order a new uni plow and mount?

I know that the ultra mount is easier to hook up but it dosen't even look like it hasplow on the truck when the blade is takin off. i alos like the look of a frame mount on the truck when the blade is off. like how boss has the frame and you can tell the truck has a plow on it when ther is no blade on the truck..

i don't know western or boss yet so some help on which to get would help out alot.

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

What kind of truck are you wanting to put it on? I have a COMPLETE Western Uni-Mount Pro 8' for sale. Has mount for 88-98 chev.With controller and wires. And also a mount that came off Ford that may need some mods. It's sitting in Bay City,MI.

6. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Are you ready

Just looked at your profile...are you sure you're ready for a big plow? Any experience? Just curious...Maybe yer concealing your age! :drinkup:

7. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

i am sure cuase i just bought a 1997 f-250HD 5.8 4x4 and will be getting a plow when the after the fall clean-up. Yea i have experience my dad has 4 trucks 2004 ford 350 with a boss 8'2 and a 2000 ford 250 with a 8 foot western and a 1999 ford 350 with an 8 foot western and then a 1996 ford 350 with a 7'6 plow and the its five trucks with my truck and he lets me use the trucks to plow his companys and other things like grandmas house and family houses. So thats why i am debating between western or boss.

8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

according to your profile your only 13

9. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

i'll be 15 and half when the snow comes down.

10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

your not even old enough to have a license to drive on the road

11. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

i still can plow at my dads warehouse.

I'm gonna wait till my b-day next year so this way i have a newer plow to work with when i go and plow, cause my dad was gonna let his guys use the truck till i was able to drive but they'll tear it up like they did the 04.

Also is the ultra mount any good? i hoping to hook up the pro plus to this truck maybe an 7.5 or an 8 footer.

know that i see that i can't drive way put the plow on ym truck it will trashed by the time i get after they us it.

12. Crash935

Mike,

first of all, proof read your post, a little hard to figure out some times.

secondly, nothing like starting young, had my brother running a jeep for us when he was 15, plowing at the public schools near by, he would drive it to school right after he finished his route and they never said a word to him or us (but then again, that was a few years ago)

Third, the ultra is a good plow, well built, pivot bar helps with cleaner pass' and goes on and off really easy. Just because a mount can be seen hang down doesnt mean its really strong. Go find a 2x4 and nail half of it to your deck with half of it hanging out over the deck, now start walking out on the 2x4, its alot stronger closer to the deck. Same idea with the truck mounts, the closer to the frame the less peices to bend and break.

and last, a pro plus may be more than you need and depending on the truck, you may not be able to put a pro plus on it. You buy a plow to fit the truck you are using and the work you are doing. When you are ready to buy, check back and well help you get a plow to fit what your doing, in the mean time, enjoy the site, theres a ton of good info here for newbies and dont be affraid to ask questions, just proof read them first.

13. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

thanks Crash935 you have very helpful.

sorry for all of thr trouble i must of cuased. thanks guys for helping out

14. Crash935

Mike,

You havent been any trouble at all,, glad to have you here looking and learning before you go out and tear things up. Dont be affraid to ask questions, theres hundreds of years of experience here, from side walk shovelers, commercial and residential plowers to highway plowers and mechanics who work on the plows that they wreck.

Crash

15. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

That's true..been doin this 20+ and still learn something new everyday! When I don't learn...its time for me to quit. I think all of us started out new sometime...not just born with a joystick in our hand.

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree thats a really good point.