1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni verse ultra

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 30milepace, Nov 30, 2007.

1. 30milepace

30milepace Junior Member
    from Chicago

I am looking to get a plow for my 2006 2500hd diesel I am looking at either an 8' western pro uni or ultra. What is the difference. I am going to buy a used unit. I am obviously swayed by the lower price tag for a uni.

2. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

The main difference is the way the plow attaches to the truck. The uni-mount uses pins and the ultra-mount uses horns that slide into recievers. I have an ultra-mount and love it - I can't imagine anything hooking up as easy as this one. The uni-mount is popular but no longer in production. The ultra-mount superceded the uni-mount.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most guys would take a Ultra over a Uni any day....
    You didn't say what the difference in price is but if this is a daily driven truck that you'll be removing and installing the plow quite often throughout the winter months, you'll be glad you spent the extra money on the Ultra, as the Uni's can be a real bear to get on or off the truck...

The Uni's have been out of production for a number of years now so they're a bit obsolete...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007