1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-plow help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by hill people, Aug 27, 2009.

1. hill people

hill people Junior Member

I have a f250 dsl and just bought a uni-plow that doesn't have a mount, controller of wiring harness. Now what? I don't have much to spend and don't know where to look, any ideas?
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Check the used equipment section here, ebay, craigslist, kijiji, post a WTB tread, including year of your truck, and/or see a dealer.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What year SD250? You probably will have to buy a Ultra mount truck sub frame and a uni mount conversation kit. Ebay is a good place to find used parts but be sure they are the correct ones for you application.

Are you planing on doing the install yourself?

Does the truck have a plow prep package?
  4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

What year truck?
  5. hill people

hill people Junior Member

My truck is a 1995 Ford F250 extra cab dsl. I plow 3 big rural driveways for self and family and up to this point have done it with a loader tractor. I need to get set up with a blow so I can do it faster and travel between them faster. The problem is I only had $1600 to invest and bought the plow for $1200 thinking I could get the rest for $ 3-400.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Time to start searching ebay. You might try Storks in Reading. You should be able to find a Used Uni mount sub frame for that truck. But I don't think you will finish the set up for 3/400 unless you're real lucky.
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dont know where up north you are but if your near traverse city try Stein Motors on US31 south of town, they buy and sell used plows and might have what your looking for. Ill even give you their # (231) 943-8400.
  8. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

look in the for sale thread on here someone is selling a mount and wiring and maybe controller for 300