1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni Mount ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Misch-Rman, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

i want to separate my uni Mount pump and lights.. i guess it would be my tower.. from the blade.. has any one done this and how did you hook the tower into the bottom off your mount? i can never get my light tower to go up Ufa to hook up.. then i gota get out a jack.. i would rather just hook in my hydros up like i use to on the old way and hook my chain and be on my way.. any suggestions? thanks

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think you're nuts, but to each his own. I'm guessing you can't get it hooked up b/c you're not pressing the pump cyl down manually while in the float position when you remove the plow???

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Ding Ding Ding, i bet we have a winner with this answer.......

4. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

Yes i have done that but mine wont bleed out unless someone is holding the control down and someone else is pushing the pump arm down at the same time.. This Is Not my first rodeo guys... thanks :cool:

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What controller do you have?

Was it any easierr to hook up with the lift cyl collapsed

6. Plow Down

Plow Down Junior Member

I have the Same Problem with mine. If you have a joy stick you could put somting on it to hold it in the down position. Then go push it down.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Joysticks should go into the float position automatically when you press down

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not your first rodeo, but you're wanting to do something that's unheard of to the rest of us......................no offense, but it doesn't make sense to me that it would be easier to leave the headgear attached on a Unimount. You'd also have to get quick couplings for the cyl's just like on the conventionals. Not my cup of tea I guess. :cool:

9. Racer593

Racer593 Member

I will say I've had to actually stand on the lift arm after putting the controller in the float position. But it worked....

Chris

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A long pry bar btw the lift arm bolts works the best ;)

11. Racer593

Racer593 Member

...But not as fun as testing your balance on an icy lift arm after sitting down for the last 20 or so hours!!!

Chris:jester:

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, been there thats for sure!

13. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

i have the joystick... i also have the ultra-uni mount conversion kit... u know the one were your plow head lights and pump stick out a foot past the bumper.. the other reason i want to separate them is i cant fit the truck with the plow on it in my garage at home.. this way i can put the blade against the wall and just back in sorry i should have said that in the beginning .. this way i could take care of both of my problems:):)