1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount ??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rfed32, Jan 2, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

ok i have a uni mount...6'6'' blade...will i be able to take the light tree with pump and lights and hook it up to a 7'6'' blade on the a frame or will i need new...i am going to do all the final paper work on a 1999 chevy ck1500(older body) and have a frame for it for the uni mount...so it should work right or no??

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I would think it would work, but you might want to check with the Western website above.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Nope, different part #'s, if i remember right, the differance is height and width of the upper assy.

Your better off leaving what you have all as one complete blade and selling it and then finding a complete blade to fit your new truck.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well there are a few key problems to your plan. 1st if you have the little 6.5' residential plow its not going to work. If you have the 6.5' pro plow. You only have half a problem.

The 6.5' residential is a totally lost cause. Better just break down a buy a midweight at that point.

The 6.5' pro you can change out the 7.5' - 8.5' blades. Prepare to spend $700 for the blade alone. You also might have to adjust the lift pressure for the heaiver blade. The cool thing about those older pumps is. The same pump for the 6.5' also was the same pump for the 10' heavy weight. Just had to adjust the pressure.

The the real problem to all of this is. Western does not make the mounts for the pro plow anymore. Unless you want to pay out the butt for them because they make them to order, (usually about $900). Or get a ultra mount to uni mount converison kit. Which also is very pricey.

But I think we might have a NOS unimount at work for a 1500. Have to look.

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

ok i got a guy in new jersey who i buy all my used stuff from and hes got the mount emailed him last night....i and he hoes have a used 7.5 blade hes gonna let me know tomorrow a price he was waitin to get his computer back with the prices on them...but i will also be tradin him my 6'6'' blade i think...kinda want to keep so i can get a jeep next year but would prob be better off just buyin all one set...i dunno thanks for the help....but you say the light frame is or might be shorter??

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The light frame should be narrower because that is off a sport utility blade, a-frame was narrower on the S/U's. The master parts list shows different part numbers for the S/U and Pro blades and does not show the use of the 2 parts cross referencing.

I dont remember western making a pro 6-6, only the S/U in that size so you cant just swap the moldboard.

And western does not offer a uni-mount new anymore to fit your truck so you will have to go the used route unless he has on still in the box.

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

yeah im going to sell the s/u plow and get the mid weight ultra mount....think that would be a good plow for this truck??

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Whoops forgot the boss reads plowsite. He mention to me at work this morning, a key mistake I made. The standard Plow is the what makes up the 6.5, and 7.5. Which has 2 pivot points not three like the pro plow. I doubt you can find a 7.5 standard. My bad. Yea so you really have a lost cause.

The Midweight is a great plow. Its a minature version of the pro plus.

Also are you keeping the S10 as a back up truck?

9. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

no the s10 is getting traded in this mornin and im havin hell of a time gettin the mount off of it....not sure why....have a call into my uncle and he is gonna see how much i can get the midweight for...he is a dealer on the side