1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni Mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Iowa, May 25, 2005.

1. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Does anyone know if they make a uni mount for a 2003 2500HD? Chevy...

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, they do make a unimount for your truck however, I don't know if they still offer unimount plows except for the 7'2" LSX. I believe all larger plows are now only available with Ultramount?

Part # for the truckside Unimount is: 63360-1

3. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yep that's what I needed. I am going to use the 7.5' that I had on the 1987 and put some wings on it. Will that be good enough for a 2500? It is a little narrower then the 87 I think also, I think it should work ok.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The uni mount mount is still available for your truck, if i remember right the part no is 63660-1. You will also need a new harness (cant think of part no but will look) and new headlight kit for the plow (part no 64078).

The reason you have to change the harness and headlights is because of wiring changes that GM made again in 2002. I will check on the part nos and find suggested reatil to give you something to go from.

5. Crash935

Part nos are Mount 63360-1 suggested list $500

harness 64077 suggested list $200

lights 64078 suggested list $225

6. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Damn,
    At that much I might as well trade the whole plow in and just get all new.....

7. Crash935

And that was suggested list from western, some dealers might even try charging more.

If you go new (western), you'll end up with the Ultra Mount and if you use the truck as a dailly driver you will be able to pop the plow on and off in a few seconds. Just make sure you get the 67981-2 mount so that you dont have to do any trimming on the air dam and make sure you get i isolation module for the electrical, much more reliable that the darn relays.

You can save $300 to $500 by doing the install yourself if your mechanically inclined and have the usual standard tools and if your going to buy new and can swing it, see if your dealer offers pre season pricing if you pi8ck it up before fall.