1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-Mount Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowandski, Feb 7, 2011.

1. plowandski

plowandski Member

Hi guys,

I'm new to plowing and the site. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I've picked up a 7'6'' Western Standard (STD) Unimount. I've already got the truck mount on, but it didn't come with any wiring off of the plow (the plow is wired). What exact part numbers do I need to get all the wiring and controls? The truck is a 2004 Silverado 1500. The headlights are stamped HB3 and HB4. The two plugs on the truck are a 12-pin plug and a 2 pin plug. Thanks in advance. I'm having a hard time finding exactly what I need. How complicated is the wiring? I'm fairly in-tune with stuff like this but should I just pay someone to get it done right? How much money would I be looking at to get just the wiring installed? Thanks.

2. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

sure you want to go with a relay system..For the year of your truck, you might want to think about going with a mod system??

wiring schematic for a 12 relay system w/DRLs

62552- 12 pin harness truck
    61169- batter cable -truck
    61535 SPDT relay
    56369 controller
    56131 solenoid

my3relays.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. twinman326

Look like I put on the wrong schematic..According to what captadamnj link, your looking at 6 relays and a plow DRL

my6relays.jpg

my6relays.jpg

5. plowandski

plowandski Member

Thanks for all the help guys, i really really appreciate it. I'm kind of confused... i was told i need the kit number 64077... assuming i do actually need that, what else do i need to go along with that? I have nothing but the mount on the truck. Thanks

6. twinman326

It show another number

kit.jpg

I look at the list of the kit and it don't show the relays.. If you go to a dealer, they will let you know exactly what you need.. Like I mention before, you sure you want to go with a relay system for your year of the vehicle?

A modular system might be best for you year of the vehicle??

kit.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  7. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

64077 appears to be the correct wiring kit for the lights/harness based on the western docs. You will, however, also need the relay and battery cable/harness, along with a controller. 61169 is the cable that connects from the plow to the neg. terminal of the battery/pos. terminal of the relay, 22511 is the cable that connects from the relay to the pos. of the battery, and 56131k is the relay itself. A quick search online looks like you are looking at about $300 in wiring + the controller.

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I should have the wiring you need if interested.

9. plowandski

plowandski Member

Thanks a ton guys, I really can't thank you enough for all the help as I've been stressing out about getting this thing up and running/functioning properly. Is this something a mechanic should be able to do no problem? My uncle contacted his mechanic and said he can do it if I provide the schematics for it. So I will need:

Harness Kit 64077
    Western Truck Side Power Kit
    Battery Power 61169
    Cable 22511
    Relay 56131k Relay
    Controller

Can anyone verify is this will complete everything I need. As of now I have no electrical on the truck.

10. plowandski

plowandski Member

Also, what is the difference between the relay system and the module system? Price-wise? Performance-wise? Reliability-wise?

11. twinman326

I already posted the wiring schematic in post #4

The relays (6) are #61535

Motor relay (solenoid) 56131
    Controller # 56369

Battery truck cable #61169

Harness kit # 64077

The power wire from the motor relay (solenoid) to the positive on the battery you can pick up at any auto part store..