1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount to Ultra-mount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dieselpower25, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Dieselpower25

Dieselpower25 Junior Member
    from PA

Hey guys, posting for a friend. He has an 8' Uni-mount and he is having one hell of a time finding a mount to go in his 2000 F-250. My question is about the Uni to Ultra kits, what all is involved with doing this?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For the mount aspect you simply install the Ultra style mount and then use the Uni to Ultra mount adapter, then of course either wire the truck for the Uni....or wire the plow and truck with the newer Isolation module style system.

3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

As B&B stated, it is very simple. If you choose to use the Ultra mount electrical, you will also have to switch over your plow side electrical to match, if you can find unimount harness for the truck side i would suggest that. I can take pics of my mount, with adapter if that will help.

4. Dieselpower25

from PA

That would great if you could post some pics, he was planning on buying new electrics for his uni-mount and just using the ultra-mount brackets

5. fordmstng66

This pic is the passenger side, the front view did not com out to good, i will take another front view tomorrow. There is a lot of adjustment on these for height.

P1010008.jpg

6. Dieselpower25

from PA

Ok, I think I see how it works, I'll let him know that he can do this and probably be cheaper than a unimount frame, thanks guys!

7. fordmstng66

It may not be cheaper than a unimount frame, the truck Ultra mount frame was about 430, and the conversion part was 235. It was very easy to install, and if i ever choose i can upgrade to an Ultramount

8. Dieselpower25

from PA

I figured it wouldnt be cheaper, we're just having a hard time finding a unimount frame that doesnt cost a ******** amount of money, last quote we got on one was like 900 bucks, needless to say that dude got hung up on lol

9. fordmstng66

10. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

im having it done to my truck right now. ill get some pics if it helps.