1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount to Ultra Mount Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tglasslawncare, Dec 5, 2011.

1. tglasslawncare

tglasslawncare Junior Member

I have a uni-mount pro plow two plug system on a 2000 F-250. I have the ultra mount bracket with unimount adapter. Is there an ultra mount plow that would work with my current two plug wiring or would I need to change my wiring over to 3 plug system. Anyone ever run into this. I would like to get a newer ultra mount. Thanks

2. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

You will need to change over your truck to a 3 plug system if you are going to a Ultra Mount. Not much cost savings if you are looking at buying a new plow

I think this is what you would need to complete your truck side for a straight blade Ultra Mount

67858 and 67859 Receivers for Ultra Mount (assuming you have the mount on the truck)
    Relay will be the same
    56369 Control
    Headlamp harness Varies depending on headlights
    3 Port Module

3. tglasslawncare

I just saw an ultra mount older model that has the a 2 plug system. Wondering if it would work with my current system.

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

the first ultramounts are 2 plugs. I have 3 of them.

You can make a 3 plug into a two plug just by getting unimount headlight harness. the wiring for coils to the valves is the same on a unimount and an ultramount

5. tglasslawncare

Thanks philbilly2. So if I have a unimount plow the wiring would be the same for first style ultra mounts? With the 2 plug system? Thanks again for the help.

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

correct, I have bought unimount harnesses to put on Ultramounts before, if you need a part number, let me know and I can find one for you.