1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount talk

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by onefreshburb, Dec 28, 2011.

1. onefreshburb

onefreshburb Junior Member

hey guys i have a uni mount and just put it on a 96 suburban.
    at first i hooked everything up and it would only go left and right.
    Then i drained the fluid and flushed it about three times. still the same thing. Then i drain again and took the side part that hold's the solenoids and whiped each old down and put back together. now everything works but i took it for a 20 min drive and now it does not want to go left right up just down. i take the motor with a hammer and it work's again does anyone herd this before please let me know thank you very much..
  2. onefreshburb

please help
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

If tapping on the motor seems to make it work, I would suspect a bad motor. Can you take the motor to an electric motor service shop for them to test/inspect?

If cleaning everything seems to have helped, I would suspect that you still have debris in the system, cleaning and fluching everything out would be my next suggestion. Also, inspect the packings on each of the cylinders for fretting and cylinders for pitting or wear.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you ck for pwr and gnd at the coils? Hitting the motor with hammer won't do anything with the direction of plow movement. Suspect electrical or contaminated fluid
  5. onefreshburb

ok will take a look
  6. onefreshburb

thank you guys