1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount swap??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bucky6981, Dec 30, 2007.

1. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

I am looking to buy a snowplow for my 97 Ford F-250 diesel, and my question is, it seems that there is alot of used plow set ups for the newer super duty, and if i but a setup for one of those, would anybody out there be willing to swap me the mounting frame for my truck? im on a limited buget and cant seem to find a unit that will be a direct bolt on for my truck for the same price as a super duty unit.
    I dont intend on using it for commercial work, just as a back up truck.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I went through the same thing the past month or so. Unimounts for that style ford are a ***** to find. I ended up buying a whole plow set up for just the mount, and then still the dealer had to order more parts to get it on. Good luck. there has been a few on ebay lately. Keep an eye out.