1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount swap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RNR Services, Sep 20, 2011.

1. RNR Services

RNR Services Junior Member

I took my uni-mount of my 2002 chevy 1/2 ton. Will the truckside mount fit on my 2003 GMC Yukon?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

We wil require more information about the two vehicles to answer your question. The software we use (called quickmatch) asks for specifics about the vehicles. 1/2 ton chev is too vague. Here is the link to Western's Quickmatch, just run through it twice and write the part numbers down. Then compare the mount numbers to see if they match you are in luck.

http://quickmatch.westernplows.com/vehinfo.asp

3. RNR Services

Thank you for that info. It was very helpfull!

4. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

do u still have the mount you took off the chevy?

5. RNR Services

yes i do still have it

6. mishnick

I very much doubt that this uni truck side will fit on the late model Yukon. It will be difficult to find any information about this because Western stopped making the uni system long before your 03 Yukon was ever designed. You will probably either need to fabricate something or go with an ultra mount truck side with an ultra to uni adapter. I personally hate them because they hang too low and extend the weight of the plow too far forward but in a pinch they are a solution.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure where some guys get their info. Yes there were in fact Uni's for 03-up 1500 GM and 1500 truck and Tahoe (Suburban too) share the same chassis platform thus the same mount and require about the same amount of valance trimming.

Attached Files:

8. mishnick

My bad... B&B is correct, sorry for the missinformation. But from what I can see on the Western site the last year was 2003. I do know, as I have tried to order them, that you can't buy the complete mount kit. You can buy them in pieces but it costs a lot to do this.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes of course '03 was the last year for new sales for the Uni, however speaking on the GM's specifically the mount will physically fit all the way through the GMT800 classic body era, which would be to mid-'07.