1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount straight blade to MVP conversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nkoch, Dec 2, 2009.

1. nkoch

nkoch Junior Member

Newbie to the forum. I recently purchased a 95 F-350 that has a uni-mount bracket and cab controller for a straight blade, but there was no blade with the truck. I have the opportunity to buy a nice uni-mount MVP blade for a good price. I know the plow will physically mount up to the truck, but was wondering what all I need to change in order to control the MVP. I found adapter cables on Western's site for MVP to straight blade, but nothing to go from straight to MVP. I know that I will obviously need a different controller and maybe a harness to go from the plow to the cab.
    Any ideas on how big of a project this is going to be? Will I have any luck finding what I want in order to control the MVP? Will I need to change some of the wiring that is currently on the truck?
    thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming the truck and plow are both two plug (which they should be) you'll simply need the 66623 truck side battery lead and a 66610 control harness for the vee, and of course the controller and you're set. However, be ready for sticker shock if you're planning to purchase it all new. Takes about $550.00 for those three components. :eek:

3. nkoch

nkoch Junior Member

Whoa! That is a little pricey! The truck and plow are both two plug. I wasn't thinking that I would need to change the power plug, but saw that in some of the wiring diagrams it looks like it is a 3 pin on the Vee and maybe only 2 on the straight blade. Nevertheless, it sounds like it can be done. The plow has been removed from the original truck and the controller and wiring "may be around there somewhere". I'm hoping he can find the controller and such, and I'll be in business. He's asking $1800 for the plow; does that sound like a good price? The plow looks good and is said to function properly.
    Thanks for the help and the part numbers.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

$1800's not a bad buy as long as you don't have to spend an additional $550 on the needed wiring components. Even if it included the controller, that alone will cut the needed additional expense by 2/3.