1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-Mount side plate #

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by omsk, Dec 28, 2005.

1. omsk

omsk Junior Member

I'm helping a friend install a recently purchased used Western Uni-Mount plow. The mount is very similar to the 1585 mount assembly, but the side plates and support brackets are somewhat different. I have checked their publications information and cannot find an exact match to what we have. I don't anticipate any problems (the mount is pretty simple) but I'm curious if anyone knows what/why the difference.

The side plate part number I have is 62373

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance

Gregg

2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

tHAT IS NOT A GOOD WESTERN PART#, RE-CHECK AND REPLY, THANKS

3. omsk

omsk Junior Member

That would explain why I can't find it in any of Westerns information. That was the only tag on the part.
    We got the frame mounted and everything seems correct - I was mostly just curious what the difference was - this frame looks like it might be an earlier/later version of the 1585 kit.
    Thanks for looking

Gregg

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

This is just a little update in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

The part# you posted WAS a good number at some time, but they superceded
    the part# to 63091k,which is a partial kit. This kit would uprade your existing mont to what would be todays mount assembly 62330. That is why you cannot find any literature on your old part. you have original version, and 63091k would bring you to updated version. Anyway you have yours done and thats all that matters. enjoy, PT.:)