1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount pump or wiring problem?! Ideas?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gotsnow?, Dec 3, 2007.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

So I put my Unimount back on my truck for the season (looking to finally get some snow this coming week), and everything seemed to be working just fine. However after driving around and putting the plow up and down a few times when parking it did something weird.... I had parked in front of my garage and put the plow down, and when I got back in the truck to leave the plow would not raise!! The pump made the sound as if it was going/trying to raise however there was no visible movement on the plows part.. I then got worried and pushed the controler to the right (the plow was already angled partially to the right) and it moved all the way to the right, however I then attempted to move the plow to the left and it would not move the pump just made it's normal wrrrring sound but no movement. I turned the controler off and on a few times then tried to lift the plow again, no go. I then got out and unplugged the pump side of the wiring harness and plugged it back in; Once I did that the plow worked just fine, it would raise, move left to right, no problem. I do have a little dielectric grease on the male and female ends of the wiring harness to keep the connections from becoming corroded.
    :confused: Has anyone experienced this problem before and what do I do if it continues to be an issue??!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like a poor connection problem at the grill connectors, which is very very common on the Uni's....

Give them a good cleaning with some brake clean and use a small screw driver to spread the male pins just a bit on the plow side connectors. Don't bent them to much or they'll break in half. You just want to spread them enough to make good contact with the female side pins..

3. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

That's what I thought it could be, thanks for the confermation!
    payup