1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by WALKERS, Dec 16, 2013.

1. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok was plowing the other day working fine and then nothing no up or left. Just stuck to the right. Since then I have replaced #3 and 4 valve. Nothing still In cab lights on and fuse is good for controller I get a noise outside like a heavy clicking
    Does these plows have a relay? Is the relay the silenoid on the fender? Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes a circle or tower looking like thing. With 2 large wires going to it

3. WALKERS

That's the silenoid that is in the fender well by battery. That is not where the noise is coming from. It's by the fire wall sounds like. The plow was all ready on truck when I bought it.

4. dieselss

Ok so look at that wiring and see if it goes to the grill to power the plow

5. WALKERS

I will check it tomorrow thanks

6. jimtz23

jimtz23 Junior Member

plow leaking oil

:(Ok so I can't seem to find a discussion/post on this. Hope someone could help me. My plow started to leak oil from the lifting cylinder, thanks in advance to anyone the can help me.

IMG_20131217_080539_908.jpg

IMG_20131217_080549_368.jpg

7. artans

artans Member

Mine leaked same spot on the lift ram. I tightened the nut and it was fine. If it is not loose seal might be shot, this happens when you have rust spots on the ram.

8. artans

artans Member

Looking at your pics your nut looks like it just needs to be tightened.

9. jimtz23

jimtz23 Junior Member

:mechanic:ok thanks for the answers I will try to tighten the nut. and see what happens. thanks again

10. jimtz23

jimtz23 Junior Member

I tightened the nut. Im not really sure to how many pounds of torque but i went easy i dont want to break it or something. And now that its tight its still leaking. I noticed a few rust spots but to me they dont seem that big to make that much oil leak is there like a gasket or O ring that i can replace in it? Or do i have to get a new hydraulic?

11. WALKERS

Yes there is a seal or O ring in there. Easy to replace.

12. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I think it's $20-30 for a new seal/o-ring

13. dieselss

Replace the lift ram and seal packing. Do it once and do it right. If you just replace the packing it'll leak again

14. dbdragon

dbdragon Junior Member

It's leaking because the rust on the ram ate away the packing with abrasion, if you just replace the packing it will eat it away again, replace the ram and the packing