1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 86f350, Dec 27, 2009.

1. 86f350

86f350 Member

I have a uni mount which i had a contamination problem last season from the keepers on the angle rams. The keeper pieces got caught in the cushion valves causeing the plow to angle when pressure was put on a side. So i cleaned out the entire system resealing it and new angle rams and cushions and poppet everything new. This season im noticeing when i put pressure or push on passenger side it does the same thing but not as bad. The cushion vavles and 4 way cartridge looks good and functions. Is it possable the the steel that was caught in the cushion valves scuffed up the bore that they are in and causing fluid to bypass? I cranked the valves to 1 turn out. Its a 8 ft plow. Thanks for any help or info.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Good possibility

3. 86f350

86f350 Member

anybody else with any ideas or suggestions?

4. twinman326

Are you moving the plow by hand to the left when the plow is off the ground or using the controller??

5. 86f350

86f350 Member

No i dont have to touch the controller it happens when i push snow with more on the passenger side then it folds back. Also when stacking snow if the pile is firmer on the passenger side when i have the blade striaght it will fold all the way back to the stops on the A frame. It doesnt do this at all on the drivers side. The controller functions good. I thought also maybe angle ram isn't holding but it only has a couple of plows on it and no visible fluid at the packings

6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

You must still have something in the valve or a damaged valve. Its hard to get all the crud out of the system when its really contaminated. Disassemble it and clean again. Replace cross over if you have one or can get one quickly. You might try switching the valves right to left and see if the problem follows, if so you know its the valve.

7. twinman326

When you replace the cushion valve, did you "re-seat" the ball to the stem?? If not that could be the problem. If you didn't here is information explaining how to re-seat the ball to the stem.

cushV.jpg

Also check the poppet valve once again to see if the any foreign material (contamination) inside the manifold. Just keep in mind (if you decide to recheck the poppet) if no damage is present, when you reinstall the poppet valve, the spool bore should insert smoothly.

If there is contamination inside the manifold, use break cleaner to clean it out, and use a air gun to blow it out..

cushV.jpg

8. 86f350

86f350 Member

Thanks for the info i did not seat them so i will try that and maybe switch the valves. Thanks again!

9. 86f350

86f350 Member

I got it. It was a bad valve kinda wierd i just replaced them at the end of the season last year with now ones. Thanks for all the input