1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ford-101, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

Hello
    I'm having problems angling my plow. when I try to go right it turns about a inch then stops. When I turn left it picks up stressing the motor . The plow goes up and down fine. I have gone threw the the wirring clean all connections. change fluid like I all ways do and I put a new motor on. I dont know what else to do

Its a western uni mont pro any info would be great thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

S2 valve is not shifting.

3. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

I have try everything ,check wiring , check s1 s2 s3 valves , replace s2 valve . I went threw the mechanic guide and troubleshooted everything , check coils I've got power to the coils,

4. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

I just dont know what to do anymore with this thing

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have magnetism on the S2 coil when angling to the right?

6. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

yea they all magnetize when they have power to them and the wiring has the right power to it when use the joystick

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only thing that can cause BOTH issues (lift instead of angle left and no angle right) simultaneously is if the S2 isn't shifting.

Even though you changed the S2 it doesn't take much to damage the valves during replacement. An even slight over torque will twist the stem and lock'em up. Time to recheck your work.

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Have you tried hooking up a different controller? Borrow someone elses and eliminate that as a possible problem.

9. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

ok I will try it tomarrow and I have another controller. Ive replace these valves before workin on freinds plows and havnt had problem. the only thing I can come up with is that the new s2 valve is bad. I spent 6 hours going threw the wiring cleaning all conections testing.

Thanks everyone for the help. I will try again

10. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Let me know when you try the other controller?

11. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you might check the poppet spring.

12. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

I took the spring out and look ok

13. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

OK I took the my other controller and hook that up still same thing. I took each valve out and tested by trying each coil on them and put ground and 12v power to it. each coil work and each valve open and shut. I even tested my old s2 valve and that work to
    so now I hit that brick wall again

14. the snow

the snow Junior Member
    from mass.

Try cleaning or replacing the ground ends. It wants to do something other than what you are telling it so it sounds like a ground. I have seen this many times with other brands

15. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

ok I will look over the grounds again