1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by traviswalker007, Jan 7, 2008.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I have a 8ft unimount, solinoid operated. its been making some funny noises lately when you first operate it but it stops after a while, untill the last snow event we had it made it all the time and was very slow coming up and down, side to side and it drew the amp like all the way down. well its warmed up a bit and i went to operate it today to get the equipment cleaned up and it work perfectly??? no issues. well i ordered another motor today just to be safe. i thought it was low on hyd fluid but it was full, and all connections are fine. did i do the right thing or is the pump going out??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it at least needs a good flush and clean on the pump filter, and possibley a fresh motor. Nothing wrong with replacing the motor if it's the original one.