1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount pro or std.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mackman, May 18, 2011.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

How do i tell if i have a uni-mount pro or standard, I'm new to western plows and I'm not sure which one it is. Its 8ft uni-mount thats all i know lol. It has 3 trip springs if that helps and a shock.

Here are the best pics i have right now. I can get better ones 2morrow if need be.

You can kinda see the back of the plow in this pic.

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Pro... Ive been running one for 2 years and its been very reliable one O ring blew not bad for as much use as its gotten.
  3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Ok thanks alot. I will be blasting and painting it soon and wanted to make sure i got the right decals for it. Thanks again.

BTW how can you tell its a pro??
  4. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Look for the X bracing in the A frame like in this pic. I know some of the newer pro's had a beefier chain lift area as well. This one is an older model. I've bought a bunch of plows this spring and all have been older pro's, havn't come across to many standards so far except for one I modified for a customer to look more like a pro.

Nice truck, I've been looking for one of those with a diesel but everything here is beat or rusted beyond repair.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Having a trip shock is the giveaway. Not to mention DD never built an 8 foot standard Uni.