1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount plow stand won't work correctly?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cornbinder, Nov 30, 2007.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i've got a 7.5 uni mount on my f-350 and when i bought the truck it didn't have a stand with the plow which makes it a pain in the ass to mount and dismount. i bought the stand and it doesn't seem to make sense to me how it's supposed to work?? any help or a link to some pics would be appreciated. my old conventional plows are easier to hook/unhook!! thanks, pete
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. 07RICH

07RICH Junior Member

Hey you may have to turn in around because of the slots in the bracket, mine works great.
  4. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

stand never worked for me...i use to just put blocks under it then we got a pallet jack at the shop so we bring them in the shop with the skid steer then mount them with the pallot jack works awesome....
  5. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Uni-Mounts Stand

Those stands are a pain we took all of our stands of and bought some orange and black dollies from Harbor Freight I think they were like $30 they are the perfect height. Just roll it under, lower, and unhook. Then you can move it around. Here is a link to the page depends on what you want to spend.

6. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I could never figure out how to use that stand, i took mine off, now i use a jack. Works nice.
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Glad I'm not the only one who makes a ****** out of them selves while trying to get the jack set right to unhook. I have gotten it to work right a few times, normally just use a floor jack.
  8. drew454u

drew454u Junior Member

i use a bottle jack with a piece of steel welded to the top to evenly support the plow in the back. cheap and works great cause you can raise it up or down as needed.
  9. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

real nice! now i know why i like my old school cable operated western plows. this uni mount is a piece of junk, it's slow side ti side and up and down. it works ok and it's never broke down but it's not user friendly to hook and un hook. actually i dis like it enough that i'm gonna take it off the truck and sell it or put it on my cousins truck. yeah and the jack set up is a joke!! i hope the ultra mount is better than the uni mount i'm not impressed!! later, pete
  10. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

page 2 shows how to do it.
    not the fastest or the easiest, but used one since 94 until 2 years ago and never had a problem with it.
    Ultra-mounts are a 1000 times better but still not perfect.
    Uni-mounts work a lot easier with 2 people.

Hope this helps