1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount only raise six inches

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 96z440, Nov 16, 2011.

1. 96z440

96z440 Junior Member
    from Mchenry

my unimount will only lift the plow six inches off the ground. It angles fine both ways but when u go up it sounds like its struggling and it will only raise it six inches in the air. If i disconect the chain the ram will go all the way to the top no problem. The fluid level is good. help
  2. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Sounds stupid but did you remove the stand? If the stand is upright with the pin in it will retrict the lift. I did this once and realized after I changed the motor etc.
  3. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

Make sure filter is unplugged. Pump pressure can be turned up. Turn large hex head on top of pump. Give it half turn clockwise to start. You may have bad pump or motor if these don't work.
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

have someone sit on the blade and try to lift it. if it wont lift at all your pump is weak.