1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount on an 06 gmc

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vasten, Dec 31, 2012.

1. vasten

vasten Junior Member
    from NY

I have an 06 gmc 1500 that i am mounting my unimount from a 96 F250 to. I found a used push plates from my dealer for $300.00 who said it was better and cheaper than using a conversion kit. A buddy of mine converted the wiring harness from the ford to power the lights independently off a toggle switch. It appears i am good to go. I guess my question is why do these plows seem to get such a bad wrap? One of western dealers i asked about this told me this couldn't be done and i am better off selling the unimount
    And looking for a better used plow.
    Prior to this i ran a fisher all hydraulic set up that i loved. The differences i noticed with this one is i seemed to get
  2. vasten

vasten Junior Member
    from NY

Sorry about that my phone submitted the post prior to finishing: I notice i do get stuck more with the western than the Fisher. It seems that snow gets around the blade and hangs me up all the time. I also noticed the plow is alot easier to put on and take off than the old hydraulic lines.
    Did i invest wisely in moving this plow or should i have taken the advice and moved up to a min mount 2
  3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

How much smaller of blade you get if your blade don't go in front of your tires of course your gonna get stuck yes you invested wisely its made so that you don't have all these components on your truck all year long.
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

nothing wrong with Western plows, and nothing wrong with unimounts. it's just that the currect ultramounts are easier to attach. I imagine what they were referring to was that the relay wiring isn't available anymore for that 03-06 chevy, and unimount mounts aren't available anymore either, but you have already solved both of those problems.