1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount on a 2000 dodge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Chiputz, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Help me out here Folks. I have a 2000 dodge 1500 and can pick up a complete unimount plow setup off a 96 Chevy 1/2 ton. I have a buddy that can fab the mount onto the truck, but I can't figure out the truckside wiring needs. Will the Chevy truckside go into the Dodge? I've looked on western's site and can't figure it out. I've been using an old chain lift cable op pro plow for years on my my old truck but don't really want to mount that contraption on a newer truck.Thanks for any help!:help:

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Is the plow a 2 plug or 3 plug?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

ALL unimounts are 2 plug. Control harness and power harness will work, you will need a different headlight harness. Which harness will depend if you have quad headlights or not.

I can fab anything as well, but before you hack up a mount, especially this late in the season, consider trying to find the proper mount for your truck. The Dodge mounts are a much more HD assy than the GM mounts.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I would think if you called a plow dealer as well and they had a mount for your dodge they would take the chevy in on trade. The chevy mounts are in high demand, at least in this area they are.

5. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Thanks Guys. Aren't uni mounts pretty scarce these days? I read quite a bit on this forum about uni mounts being hard to find and people using the adapters for ultra mounts. I'll give our local dealer a call and see what they have to say. Thanks Again.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya but they're around. Not sure where Calumet is, but if you make it this way my buddie has one he'd probably trade. It's been fabbed on a little (i forget why, but I saw it and remember something on it was), but is an original mount for that truck.

7. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

I'm about 9 hours north of Milwaukee up in the Keweenaw peninsula in the UP of Michigan.