1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount on 05 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by purplehavoc, Nov 2, 2009.

1. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Hey guys
    Need to mount my western unimount on one of two trucks and i am wondering if
    I should try and find a used unimount or go with the conversion kit.
    Will be going on either a 05 GMC 2500HD or an 03 ford f-150.

Does anyone know if i will have to remove my brush guard on my GM if i use the conversion kit.?Seen guys run the unimount with brush guards.
    Thanks

2. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I put an ultramount on an 04 2500 HD and then put on the ultramount to unimount conversion and didn't have to cut anything. I did custom make the ultramount to unimount conversion so that it tucked back far enough to be like a normal unimount. The ultramounts on the truck remained the same. The ultramount is the way to go because if you update to a newer plow then you are already set up.

3. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

You made your own convesion or modified one?
    Do you have any pics of what the set up looks like on your truck?
    Really don't want to hack up my bumper if i don't have too.
    Thanks

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

5. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I did the mount for a friend and do not have any pics. However, we didn't have to cut the bumper at all. What I did was buy an ultramount to unimount conversion and then custom fab it so that is sits further back in the ultramount so it doesn't hang so far off the front of the bumber. It looks like a normal unimount when done.