1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount on 04 Dodge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rufushusky, Oct 26, 2009.

1. rufushusky

rufushusky Junior Member

Hey,

I got a 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 and I am trying to hook up an older Uni-mount plow to it. The passenger's side electrical connection (two prongs) goes in fine. However, the one on the driver's side is being less than cooperative. The hook up on the dodge has a row of 6 holes on top and 5 on the bottom. The truck this plow used to be on is a 2000 Ford F350 and its driver's side connection had 6 hole on top and 6 on the bottom. The connection at the plow has 6 prongs on top and 3 on the bottom. My question is do I need an adapter of some kind? Thanks!

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You have more "holes" than "prongs", right? It should be fine, I think.

3. rufushusky

rufushusky Junior Member

Yes, I thought that too. I just went out and looked at it again and it appears that two of the "prongs" are larger than the others...that seems to be the hold up..

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds like your trying to plug a iso harness (truck side) into a unimount harness (plow side)

5. rufushusky

rufushusky Junior Member

Ok, do you know if Western makes a conversion kit or anything for it or do I need to go out and get a whole new wiring harness?

6. Crash935

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  7. rufushusky

rufushusky Junior Member

You sir are the man! :drinkup:

8. Crash935

You can thank Repoman for posting those #'s.