1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount not moving

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by The mayor, Sep 1, 2010.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I have to admit I was busy so I didn't even look at the possible problem. I was moving my plow from one indoor storge to the other. But hooked it up lights work, when I wnet to raise the plow all I heard was clicking under the hood. I just chained it up and moved it. Didn't have the time to look. And quick solutions.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check you wiring for any corrosion (under the hood). Also check the harness between the truck and plow. Sometimes the pins need to be clean to make a good contact.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed.

Sounds like its not getting grounded. Best way to check is grab some jumper cables, put one side on neg battery post, other side on ground lug on plowside (usually on motor). Try and see. If so, it's probably just a bad connection somewhere. Usually cleaning terminals will work.