1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount. No angle right. Diagram?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by radam, Dec 2, 2005.

1. radam

radam Junior Member

From my reading it appears that I should check the/a filter and replace. I had the valves replaced last year only to find that there may have been somes pieces of junk floating around them, that when cleaned freed up all movement. One other quirk is a slow lift from time to time, weak headlites and a batt charge gauge that spikes neg when in use.

I really need to know where and what I'm cleaning and instructionsdiagram if any of you have them.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks, Adam

2. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

The Western web site has all the repair manuals you should need. Give them a look.

3. diggermcw

diggermcw Junior Member

Had a similar problem with mine last year. First try to find where the contamination is coming from(mine ending up having a broken snap ring in the angle cylinder). Drain fluid(don't forget to remove hoses from the angle cylinders and manually angle plow back and forth to remove all fluid). Remove and clean all three valves and make sure they move freely. Then refill and see what happens. I changed my fluid twice to make sure the system was clean. Haven't had any trouble since. The Western website has a very helpful manual if the above doesn't resolve your problem...

4. radam

radam Junior Member

Thanks Dig and Mustang. Thats the info I was hoping for. Does the manual give instructions on drain/fill?

5. genrock

genrock Member

The manual is all you need it is basicly a mechanics guide so everything is in there even illistrations. But drain plug should be on the bottom of the resovoir and you should completely fill the resovoir until you can see the fluid in the thread of the fill hole when plow is down. Use western brand hydraulic fluid or automatic transmission fluid dexron111

6. radam

radam Junior Member

Cool, thanks rock.

7. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

I had same problem

:cool: radam I had the same problem, thanks for asking the question. I also need to be a little better with servicing the plow. I service the truck ok but, always say I'll get the plow later . Well, later nevers comes and I end up having problems. :gunsfiring: