1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount MVP lights not working

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IHI, Nov 18, 2009.

1. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Got rained out so went over and brought all the plow stuff home to go through it, luckily everything worked fine, EXCEPT on my truck i have no plow mount headlights....the marker lights are lite, but no headlights. I wiggled the plug, spread posts for tighter connections though plow and truck side harnesses are only 2 yrs old.

I did have to have a new V10 put in the truck this summer and the guy pulled the radiator support and everything on the front, off the truck so thinking possibly something did'nt get plugged in right? The headlights on the truck still work with plow plugged in too, just not the headlights on the plow mount. So hoping it's something simple we can find/fix before i drop the truck off at the shop.
  2. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

it sounds like when the radiator support was pulled the machanic unpluged you lights and when he pluged them back in he pluged in the truck lights and not the plow harness lights (you would still have the marker lights if he did this. pull out the headlight bezel's and look for a male and female headlight plug not pluged in, unplug the connector from the headlight, plug it into the harness, and plug the other end into your headlight. This schould fix your problem
  3. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I did look at the plow pigtails for the headlights, i noticed the driverside headlight stuff was all plugged in together, but the passenger side there was a blue plug that looked like it had a factory ford sticker on it so i just assumed that was the original truck headlight plug...but i could be wrong. I'll have to trace stuff back and do some plug and play and hopefully stumble on the answer.