1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount MVP Ghosts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by scottyk, Jan 28, 2013.

1. scottyk

scottyk Junior Member
    from Mi

I have a stumper here for all of u. Okay, I have a uni-mount MVP on a 2003 Chevy 2500hd. Has been a super sweet plow. I purchased it used about 4 years ago. So here it is.... Last year the controller went out of it. So I replaced the discontinued handheld controller with the new style. Shortly after replacing it I noticed some times the scoop button and left wing buttons wouldnt work, very sporatic. Well, we didnt have a lot of storms after the purchase so I stowed it away for the summer. Brings to me this season. I have had nothing but problems with it... no lift, no scoop, no left wing functions, but it comes and goes. No noise coming from the solenoid or motor. The coils activate when the button is pushed because the blade will move by 1 driving the truck in the desired direction or 2 by hand, but no motor or solenoid action. Right wing functions work fine... I have checked everything. All grounds, hots, wiring. I have spread the connectors in the bumper plugs. I am truly stumped.