1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni Mount Mounting Height

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Northland, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I want to know how much my 7.5 Unimount will be affected if the mounting height is raised a few inches. I know the literature states that the lower mounting lug has to be between 9.5 and 11.5 inches from the ground. I would like to raise it about 2-3" for a little more ground clearance. I know this will change the angle of the plow but what im wondering is if anyone else has done this and how it affected the "quality" so to say of the performance of the plow.
  2. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

if you go to high the edge of the blade might be off the ground when angled
  3. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Call your local dealer

:waving: I'd try calling my local dealer. They may have the best info for you. I know my guys are pretty sharp where I go. Sometimes you mind find a dealer here online to ansewer those questions. I know that I got a response from a manufacturer here. wesport

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The mounting height must remain with-in those perameters for the system to angle properly. Otherwise when you angle, the forward side of the blade will try to bury itself in the earth and you'll end up with a smiley face.:)