1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni Mount Just Clicks, Pump Don't Run

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mtnxtreme, Jan 12, 2013.

1. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

Just installed a Uni Mount on my Jeep, I had existing wiring and mounts, the guy I got it from tested it in front of me on his Jeep,ran fine up, down left, right, after my install in my Jeep , when I hit any button on the hand held controller it just clicks under the hood,but doesn't move any suggestion???
  2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Quick way to test your motor-

Take jumper cable from battery + to plow motor +,
    does it work?
    If no, now also connect the jumper cable - on battery to - on plow motor. (leave + attached)
    Does it work?
    If no, remove motor and bench test, if bad replace.

Option 2:
    Take a screwdriver and touch the 2 LARGE post on your relay, does the motor run?
    If yes, start by replacing relay.
    There are more reasons but start here for a baseline and it should only take you 5 minutes.
  3. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

Turned out to be the relay ground wire from the relay to battery was just loose, thanks for steering me in the right direction hopefully someone else has as simple a fix.
  4. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Thats awesome you fixed it yourself,
    and kept the cash in your pocket.

Good luck with it! SPWussmileyflag