1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-mount is wobbly while raised, is that alright?!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CK82, Feb 20, 2008.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I am curious if there is supposed to be much play in the plow while its raised? My ultra mount is pretty stiff, but with my uni-mount the plow wobbles pretty easily. I tightened the pivot bolt quite a bit and it tightenend up, only for a short period of time. What else do I need to tighten every so often? I check the pivot bolt, plow edge bolts and other misc bolts periodically.
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My unimount has some play in it also while raised. I notice it mostly going in and out of driveway entrances or over really rough road sections.
  3. harley9202

harley9202 Junior Member

mine was like that. I tried to tighten up the pivot bolt, but the hole was so worn, it was an oval. We filled it in and redrilled and put in new bolt. Its a lot better now.
  4. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Another issue can be the long pin that is used between the upper lift frame and the drop-leg when off the vehicle.

If you put this pin back trough the holes on the upper lift frame when mounted, the A-frame will hit it before it hits the two side stops (at least on my truck) which will let the A frame and blade wobble instead of being tight against the stacking stops when lifted. Either put it through the drop-leg in its horizontal stored position or keep it in the truck.
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

check the l shaped bracket the lift chain is hooked to they some times spread and bend back .this act's as a guide for the quadrant and they can flop quit a bit if it loosens up there .tighten it up there and your pivot bolt area ,the hole and lock nut on a new bolt .
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

That's what we do. We also add additional washers (welded) or steel to the top and bottom for added reinforcement. Works every time.