1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount installation instructions ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kennyrain, Feb 15, 2008.

1. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

I have a 2001 GMC 2500 4x4 pickup. I bought a used uni-mount frame for it. My question is: Does anybody have instructions on how to attach the mount to the truck? Also, do I need to drill any holes to mount this.
    Thanks
    Ken

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

link works just fine

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: Link works just fine for me too.

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Not one problem, using either IE or FireFox

7. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

Thanks. The link works. I have dial-up and it takes a long time for it to come up.

8. dirtyedge

dirtyedge Junior Member
    from se WI

What the instructions don't show you is the amount of cutting and grinding that has to be done in order for them to fit correct. I had to cut quite a bit of the frame above the original tow hooks. The frame is originally cut at and angle which doesn't allow the unimount brackets to fit correctly.

I'm not sure if everyone has this problem but 3 people that i know have had to do the same thing for easier/better installation.

9. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

When mounting up stuff like this you realy need a set of torches a good grinder and at the very least a wire feed welder and you can make anything work. When mounting my 02' frame to my 07' truck I had grind/sawzall a lot of metal out then reweld to make fit. It was close but not exact. But with some mods works great.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008