1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount hose problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stcroixjoe, Dec 4, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

quick question on my 7.6 uni when i angle all the way to the left the hose on the right side kinda pulse's and pops any ideas?

2. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Sounds like a problem I had, turned out to be air in the lines, try bleeding them.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does it do it as it's angling or after it hits the stop and the pressure is built up in the hose?

If it's while it's angling and there's no air in the system and the hoses are old, I'd be replacing them now as it sounds like the hose may be deteriorating inside which will cause them to do exactly what your experiencing.

4. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

after it hits the stop

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's possible that the hose is coming apart inside when it has full pressure against it. Or the poppet check valve in the valve body is leaking off a little. For the cost of a good quality hose though I think I'd replace the hose as cheap insurance that it doesn't blow out on you when you need it the most.