1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount hight help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bucky6981, Jan 21, 2008.

1. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

i just installed a uni-mount on my 1997 ford f-250 hd, my question is, have any of you guys ever run without the lower gussets in the frame brackets? see what the problem is, when the blade is on the truck and sitting on the ground the lower part of the A frame is only off the ground 7 inches at the lowest part of the TRUCK mount, and i would like to raise it up about an inch and a half but if i do i will not be able to use the lower gussets at all.
    i dont do alot of plowing, just 3 small parking lots at a low speed, so i just need some input to see if this is a good idea to run without it or not. thanks for the space Jay
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you referring to the angle iron pieces that bolt to the bottom of the thruster arms, or the thruster arms themselves?

The angle gussets are for if you need to lower the crossbar below the thruster arms. If you don't need them don't use them.

You MUST use the thruster bars.
  3. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

yeah thats exactly what i was talking about, i knoew you needed the thruster arms, but the gussets(thats what there called in the westen manual) i couldnt tell if they were needed according to the manual