1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni Mount Headlight Options

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Wondermutt, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Wondermutt

Wondermutt Junior Member
    from Idaho

Guys, is there anyway to upgrade the 9 pin headlight without installing a new harness? I ask this as I have a new light harness and dont want to replace it.

My headlights are broken and need to be replaced.

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. Remove all the light connectors inside the light bucket, remove the wire keeper at the bottom of the light, then pull the harness out

3. Wondermutt

Wondermutt Junior Member
    from Idaho

Thanks for the reply. I should have prof-read before I posted.

What I meant is that my headlight buckets are broken. I need to replace them. I was wondering if there was an alternative to the expensive stock replacements? I figured for that kind of money, there should be something better.

About the harness. I read ya on how to remove it. I just installed a new one and did not want to go through the expense of buying and installing another new one. I was hoping there was an alternative that could use the existing new harness I just installed?

Thanks again for your reply.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The buckets aren't that expensive if I remember correctly.
    You shouldnt have to install a new harness just b/c your changing out the lights tho.

5. Wondermutt

Wondermutt Junior Member
    from Idaho

Thanks SS. Do you know of a place to get just the buckets besides e-bay?