1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount headlight issue..please help ASAP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fatboyNJ, Jan 6, 2011.

1. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

heres the deal..

took everything off my dads 97 ram 2500 gas truck cuz he blew trans
    installed everything on my 2001 ram 2500 CTD
    everything is on hooked up connected and such...
    all plow motions work perfect (up down left right)
    the parking lamps and blinkers both work on plow

but i have no headlights on the plow, no low or high beams.
    and when i put the high beams on they only turn on on the truck

try changing out the low beam relay and still nothing

any body have an idea whats goin on..need the lights fixed before it snows tomorrow
    any input is greatly appreciated
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

did you check to make sure the relay was bad before you replace it? make sure you have power from the marker light to the relay and power into the relay. should have your constant power to the relay, power from the markers to excite the relay, ground, and truck light/plow light outputs.
  3. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

researched it a little more and realized they switched harness for the 99-02 so his from the 98 doesnt work
  4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Yup , 99-up Dodge uses a 4 relay system with a different headlight harness than the early (94-98) Ram.

You need headlight harness 26009 , 26013 fuseholder , Parts bag 62920 and 61547 to convert over to your truck.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Every vehicle has unique wiring, if you transplanted from one vehicle to another (especially with different model and year) you were lucky to get anything to work. When I do a transplant like this we usually upgrade to what we call an isolation module system. The old relay system was a nightmare so all new installs use the solid state isolation modules. A real simple and cheap fix would be to simply install a manual switch to transition between the plow lights and the truck.

But if you are really determined to make them work with the original relays you can find original schematics on the Western plow website.

Bottom line though is that your original headlamp / relay harness is probably not compatible with the truck you moved it into.

Good luck.
  6. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

yea didnt even think of them being different since everything else is the same but i learned my lesson...im goin to try to get the cross harness i need..of not the plow if operational as is just have to drive with the plow real low but it will work for now
    thanks for the help guys
    this website is full of knowledgable ppl