1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni-mount harness help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bucky6981, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

I have a 93 F-150, with a uni-mount set up, my problem is that someone hacked up the headlight harness for this. Is just the headlight harness(with relays) replaceable? Or do i have to change all of the wiring on the truckside? I.E. conroller harness and all.

Also what is the headlight harness part no.? And does anyone have one forsale budget minded?

2. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Are you able to read the factory scematic and save it? Most auto parts stores sell the plugs that fit on the headlights if that is the part missing. The factory instructions list it as Harness Kit 61590. Mine is all one piece, loomed together but could be opened up fairly easily to repair it. Or bypass the headlight circuit and add a new switch and relay for the plow lights.
    Chad

3. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

WHERE is it hacked up? How many pins on the connector as well...9? Is this a fresh install or existing?

5. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

Its exsting. I bougjt the truck this way. The wiring works to mpve the plow bit the headlights don't work on the plow at all. I'm sure I could fix it but I don't have the diagrams or the time really.oh and its hacked where the truck light harness plugs into the plow harness.its a nine pin straight blade

6. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

7. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

Thanks again! Without this site i would be in some trouble!!