1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount going on an 06 gmc

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by vasten, Dec 27, 2012.

1. vasten

vasten Junior Member
    from NY

I currently own a unimount plow that came off from my 1997 Ford F250 that I want to put on my 2006 GMC. The first western dealer I checked with told me that it would cost over $2,000.00 and would be hard to do if the parts were even still available. That I would be better off selling it and starting over.

The second dealer told me he could do it for about 850.00 but that it would be only good for this truck and would not be able to carrried over to a new vehicle assuming after 2007. His price breaks down as 350.00 for a set of used push plates, and the rest for wiring and labor. Plus everything I have is turned over to him for trade.

The a buddy of mine said it could be done a lot cheaper by just getting the correct push plates and wiring the plow completely seperate from the trucks lighting.

My questions are is there anyone out here that has done this? And what should I be looking for? Does anyone have or know of the correct conversion kits that I need?

Any input would be appreciated thank you.

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

3. vasten

vasten Junior Member
    from NY

Sorry that might be helpful to know it is a 1500 with the 5.3

4. randomb0b123

from america

is the plow still really nice or just decent or beat? if its really nice id probably try to make it work if now you can get a newer complete setup for not much over 2k

5. vasten

vasten Junior Member
    from NY

It is decent nothing too special no holes or not in need of welding. Just needs a good paint job for some reason all of the powder coating seems to have peeled off this sumer. It wasnt an issue last year as we never saw enough snow in ny last season so it has sat for over a year now

The western dealer told me i could go brand new HTS for $4300 installed

6. randomb0b123

from america

tell them to shove that hts. unimount is a way better simpler stronger plow and very easy to work on. the mount shouldnt be too difficult to find. the wiring im not sure that could get expensive because im pretty sure that truck will need an iso module and that will require some reworking on the plowside also i beleive. this thread should be in the western plows section, hopefully b&b sees it im sure hell know for sure what exactly you need

7. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

You should have posted this in the Western forum. Lots of knowledgeable people on that forum for questions like this.