1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni mount from 4X4superduty to 2X4 superduty?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 02powerstroke, Oct 16, 2010.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Will a uni mount from a 2000 F-350 4X4 work on a 2002 2X4 F-350 dump? My dad never plows with his pick up now and wants to swap the plow (basically brand new 8.6 western uni mount) over to our dump. Everything even the wiring should just swap over should it not? :mechanic:

thanks Bryan
  2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I would assume the wiring would for sure if each truck has the same headlights. You might be able to go to westerns website and use there quickmatch and see if it gives you the same part #s for each truck?
  3. 02powerstroke

I did it locks out 2x4 as an option
  4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I want to say no because of the different setup of the front suspension plus the fact that the twin I beams do not have the same carrying capacity as the SFA on the 4x4s.
  5. 02powerstroke

sweet... the truck only has a 5.4 so it should take the weight has anyone on here done it?