1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

uni mount from 4x4 on 2x4

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 02powerstroke, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I posted this in the western form and everyone seemed to say it would not work but i know I've seen 2x4 trucks with plows. The plan is I want to take the whole set up off my dads 2000 F-350 4x4, 8.5' western Uni mount, and put it on a 2002 F-350 2x4 dump truck. I know the isolation mod and all the wiring should work just fine. but will the mount work? And how come on western and fishers site they have to listing for a mount for a 2x4 untill 450 and then its the same mount as the 4x4.

2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Because the 450 and 550 use a solid axel on both 2wd and 4wd while the 250 and 350 2wd uses the twin i beam .

3. 02powerstroke

you don't think the front end will hold it? the western seems alot lighter than the fisher I have, plus the truck only has the small 5.4 in it. and its only really for back up purposes in cause my truck goes down and maybe use around the shop and farm not commercial plowing.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  4. 02powerstroke

So it would be a massive waste of time to swap this over then???

5. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

F350 2wd sit way lower in the front, might have to jack it up a little, don't see why the mount wouldn't work.....

6. 02powerstroke

well unless some comes on here and says it wont work period i think I'm going to try it the only thing I dont see working is the western mounts low to the ground I hope i dont bottom out on things

7. 02powerstroke

truck worked fine all winter for anyone searching looking for answers.