1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uni-Mount Frame Needed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnproslawncar, Oct 14, 2008.

1. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

I just bought a 5 year old wester 8' 6'' MVP Uni-Mount. It came off a 2000 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4x2. I am looking for a mount to fit a 2000 Chevrolet 2500 Silverado 4x4 Standard Cab 6.0L.
    Also, does anyone think its a good idea to just have my mechanic modify the existing mount????

Looking for used mounts or suggestions for the current mount

Thanks

2. bbsbackyardinc

bbsbackyardinc Junior Member

bracket

i have a unimount truck bracket off of a 2005 chev 2500hd available. not sure if it would work, but let me know if you find out.

3. lawnproslawncar

whats the width of the frame where it mounts to the truck?
    if its close i'll consider it for around $250

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both these trucks use the same mount.

5. lawnproslawncar

B&B, Are you positive they will work?

Backyards, What do you want to get for the plow mount? Give me a call sometime soon 715.412.0909

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

He's right. 99-up 2500's and HD's have the same frame....................aside from the classic bodystyle 99's and 00's.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep... :salute:

8. lawnproslawncar

Sounds good guys, now if backyards gives me a call or emails me I'll prolly run up there and get it home.

9. bbsbackyardinc

bbsbackyardinc Junior Member

outta town for awhile, but back now. $250 is ok with me. give me a call and we can meet in between if you want. 715-323-0249.